Sunday, June 15, 2008

!!! Samoa !!!

Well next Friday (June 20th) i leave on a two month trip to Samoa, i am so excited! I am going with an organization called teen missions located in Orlando Florida. first i will fly to Orlando, there i will be trained and prepped for two weeks for the mission i will be going on along with the other teens. after What they call The Lords Boot Camp i will fly to LA and from there i will get on a 20 hour flight to the island of Upolu located in the Samoan Islands. once we get there we will drive to the camp sight, unpack and get to work. there we will be building a (felle tella) which i have been told is similar to a open sided meeting house for a local church. We will also be working with the local kids by putting on a V.B.S. After about a month in Samoa we will then fly to New Zealand to meet with another teem for a week. And finally we will take one more trip to Northern Australia to meet once more with a local team there. Then i will get on a flight to LA, and then return back home (August 14th) "good old Phoenix Arizona!!!"

I am so excited and i know that God is going to use me in great ways. I do ask that you pray for safety for me and the group i am going with. Also please pray for the people we will be showing Gods enduring love too, that there ears will listen and there hearts will be open the the word of one and only God.

My Prayer

"May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us, that your ways may be known upon earth, your salvation among all nations. May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you. May the nations be glad and sing for joy; for you rule the peoples justly and guide the nations of the earth. May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you. Then the land will yield its harvest, and God, our God, will bless us. God will bless us, and all the ends of the earth will fear him."

28 comments:

Vickie said...

Joshua that is so neat you are going on your trip to Samoa for a teen mission. You be very safe and come home safe. I know God will use you in a very special way. Hugs to you...

Destiny said...

That's really neat Joshua! I'm so happy for you that you get to go on this trip. I will be praying for you that you have a safe trip there and back. Also, I pray that the people you meet will see Christ shine through you and that you will be a light to those in darkness.

Love and miss ya,
-Destiny

Anonymous said...

thats awesome! I'll be praying for you. btw i like the song list on your blog lol.

John said...

I am so proud of you as is everyone else. You will learn a lot and teach others. You will work hard and endure hardships which you will overcome. Just take care of yourself.

Love you,

Gramps

Ginger said...

Joshua you are going to be a light that shines on your journey. I know the Lord is working with and through you. I am so very proud of you and the choices you have made. God will bless and keep you on this Samoan mission. Love you and can't wait to see you when you return. Your are in my prayers everyday. Love you so much. Grandma Ginger

Kaila Anderson said...

What a great opportunity to share the Gospel and Love of Christ!

We shall indeed be praying for you, and that you have a safe passage there and back!
God bless :)

The Goldman Family said...

Sound's like a BIG trip. thanks for commenting.


Anna

Michael said...

hope he blesses you. The trip should be tight!!!

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael said...

hey GLAD YOu're back! Call me and we can hang out. See u soon!

Samantha said...

hey josh! welcome back!

Grandma of Many said...

Thanks for the video Joshua. That was so awesome seeing you there and seeing the work you were doing. Thanks for helping others. Love, Aunt Dottie

Destiny said...

Hey Joshua, that was a really cool slide/show/video thing! It looked like you really had a lot o f fun and also a lot of work to do:) But, it's good that you're home now... all safe and sound! I hope we can see y'all sometime soon [hint, you should come and visit], but we'll see!

God bless,
-Destiny

Matthew said...

hi

Anonymous said...

hey, i just wanted to say, you have been such an inspiration to me. you've encouraged me in my walk with the Lord and staying consistent on my posts. i want you to know what a fantastic friend you've been to me and i just hope in some way, i will be able to measure up to the confidence you have in me. Sincerely your respectful incredible fun beautiful humble friend,
Michelle Joan Wagner:)

Elly said...

wow michelle. that's all I'm gonna say.

Car said...

Oh my goodness! That the world's longest post I have ever seen! I can't even believe that I read the whole thing!!!

Matthew said...

Dude, man Josh! you need a new post. And you still have "Samoa!!!" on there. YOU NED HELP ON YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

haha. you're actually probably right on that one. i'm a horrible study hall studier. :) and speaking of new posts...you need a new one!

Matthew said...

You actually changed your blog!!! Congragulations!!!!!!

Matthew said...

Jk.

Elly said...

you spelled my name wrong but I'll forgive you since you're losing your memory. jk

Samantha said...

hey josh. ok i love the new background verse of th day and color of the spinning cross thingy. thanks for helping me with my blog background even if i chose a different one. sorry. by the way, you still need to either do another post or make it possible for people to comment on the one with the video. just so you know! =)

Matthew said...

You sir, need to get a new post.

Matthew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matthew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Car said...

Thanks! I have been drinking green tea and this thing called throat coat (it's gross), so I should feel better in a couple days! :)

Car said...

Whoa! You directly defied Sam's order! Look out, she's dangerous when she's mad! jk

VistaZoo

YouTube-most viewed Today 2

Arcagility iPod

Jackson Pollock by Miltos Manetas

Dots

Hang the Freak

Tic-Tac-Toe Game

Simple RSS Reader

My trip to Samoa

Thats My King!

The Fellowship of the Unashamed

God is Indescribable